Wednesday, August 12, 2015
In a few days, I leave for Europe. I'll be walking the way of St. James, or the Compostella de Santiago as it is known, with friends, from September 21st through to September 5th to my intended destination of Burgos, Spain. I will take on the other half of the pilgrimage another time hopefully. For now, I'm excited to be going for a little less than half of the way.
For friends and family, this will be my way of communicating with you. If other life travellers join in for a view, it's a joy and privilege to share...welcome.
For me, this is an opportunity to reflect on my life so far, which unlike the journey I'll be walking is a little more than half complete. How much of my journey has been the unfolding of a gift for others? Has my life grown into a larger, wider communion with others in community? Have I lived mostly for myself or for others and how?
I am a woman of faith and so I will be praying these questions, and seeking to see the truth in myself, and to ask for what I need to continue the journey. Mostly, I'll be letting go and trusting God to do what needs doing in me. Less about words; more about surrender, trust, and humility.
I won't be answering those questions here! But I will share them. Maybe someone else wants to make time during their life's journey, wherever you are, to be with the questions and behold the truth in the still silence at the center of the soul where Divine Mystery dwells. And I will also share insights that come, stories of encounters and pictures of the journey.
I will carry many people in my heart as I walk...people I know who are suffering with illness, or recovering from accidents, or who have gone so far from their true road in life, they have lost significant and important parts of themselves. Love, mercy and healing are on the road too...walking...endlessly moving, like a force of energy that blows where it will.
Hope to meet you on the road!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Little Way
Today is the memorial of my favorite saint, Therese of Lisieux. I am drawn to her story, "Story of a Soul", for her determin...
-
"On the banks, on both sides of the river, there will grow all kinds of trees for food. Their leaves will not wither nor their fruit f...
-
A few years back, I watched two Netflix series that showed the lives of good men gone wrong....leading double lives mostly and caught in t...
-
Sunday Readings - Ezekiel 37: 12-14, Psalm 130, Romans 8:8-11, Jn 11: 1-45 "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes i...


No comments:
Post a Comment